Which is better air cooler or AC?
An AC or an Air Cooler? A quick guide!
With summer fast approaching, people may again be in a fix to choose between an air cooler and an air conditioner.
Buying an AC means you can simply get it installed and not bother about heat and humidity as it will work to provide proper cooling.
Air coolers, on the other hand, may be a good option if there is proper ventilation in your room. However, if you live in a place with too much humidity then, it won’t work.
In the same context, if you are confused between buying an AC or an air cooler, then we will provide some insights on the pros and cons of both. It will help you decide faster.
Read on and get to know more about air coolers and ac:
Advantages of air coolers
- Lower investment and cost only 10-15% compared to an AC
- Operates at the 1/5th power consumption of an AC
- No special insulation requirements in the room
- Simple to operate with easy maintenance
- Can humidify the air in extremely dry places
- No stabilizers needed
- No gas or substance usages affecting the environment negatively
Disadvantages of air coolers
- Can only function in dry areas with less humidity
- Can’t be used in a coastal region and places with high population
- Can become dirty unless maintained regularly, water needs to be changed to avoid the outbreak of diseases like Dengue and Malaria
- Cooling is not possible without humidification
- Needs a large amount of water to operate properly
- You can’t be sure about what temperature can a cooler cool
Advantages of air conditioners
- Works in an area even with any humidity level
- Will cool quickly irrespective of the outside temperature
- Will dehumidify the air and keep humidity at comfortable levels
- Noise-free operation
- Filters the air as it circulates it and more hygienic than air coolers
- Some AC refrigerants such as R22 are safe for the environment
Disadvantages of air conditioners
- Expensive investment
- Leads to higher electricity bills
- You need to maintain it professionally
- Its maintenance cost is higher
- Needs special installation
- Needs goof insulation in the room
- A stabilizer is another investment in areas with poor or fluctuating power supply
What to buy – an AC or an air cooler?
Buying an AC or an air cooler depends on your needs and affordability. Here are some observations as per both of the devices’ pros and cons.
Have a look:
- If an air cooler is able to work in your area, it is much more environment-friendly and less power consuming than an AC
- If you are suffering from any respiratory disease, then you should install an air conditioner
- You should also not use air coolers in places with more than 60-70% humidity as it may initiate the onset of many health complications
- If you have a good budget and want to chill out your summers then you should go for air conditioners as compared to air coolers as they are more advanced in technology and even provide better cooling than air coolers.
- If you have a small house and do not have a place to install air cooler in your home then you must go for ac as it can be easily fir in your wall and you will not require an extra place to take care of it.
Seize the Special Summer Offer and save more
No matter what you decide between an air cooler and an air conditioner, now buying any of them won’t pinch your pocket. Yes, you can buy them on No Cost EMI and pay only the fixed EMI amount per month and nothing more.
What is No Cost EMI?
As the name suggests, you don’t need to pay anything more than your monthly EMI amount. The price of the AC or the air cooler is divided over a tenor to help you pay only the fixed EMI figure per month and nothing extra.
Compared to other payment alternatives, you can save huge by not paying anything additional. This facility is brought to you by the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network. You can now buy branded ACs on EMI and many more products without hampering your monthly budget and paying for them in one go.