My father always say that a suit will never go out of style. However, for the past 5 years I have observed a rise in street style and a lot of companies have endorsed business casual as their official dress code.
Most executives understand the importance of making a good first impression on their clients as a result they stick to the traditional suits. Dressing for success no longer need to be uncomfortable. Its been proven that authenticity sells, people are more comfortable buying from people they can trust.
In todays business world its better to warm and sincere with your customers than formal. Below are some steps to take to make the transition from suits to business casual.
- Take a look at the physical arrangement of your office. look for ways that your office can reflect more of your personal style without taking away from seriousness of what you do.
When someone walks into your office they should feel welcome
2.Introduce yourself to your prospect using your first name while giving them a firm handshake. Example: Hello John I am Paul your financial consultant.
- Sell more of your personality and less of your clothes.
- Ask your customers more about their needs and what they need done and let them know how you can help them to accomplish their goals.
- Clients notices your upper body more than your lower body, keep most of your traditional garments as tops.
- Once you have developed a rapport with the client take advantage of technology allow your customers to do meeting online and less at the office.
- Avoid bright colors
- After your prospect or your customer leaves for the first time do a fallow call or email with them letting them know you are always open to help them to achieve their goals.
- Develop business policy that are tailored towards customer satisfaction.
Once you have successful center your business around the clients needs you will find that you need not buy expensive suits to impress your clients. Your clients come to you because you have a service or a product that they are interested in.
In order to attract new clients you need to warm to gain their trust ; in order to keep them you need to be competent. A client will always remember if their needs were met.
For male executives looking for business casual working clothes you can look at www.Manofthatcloth.com for the past few months I have notice they are providing just about every item for men’s grooming.