How does one start a hospital in India?
How does one start a hospital in India?
Healthcare is the basic need for every citizen in our country clinics, hospitals medical camps are assisted by the doctors, nurses and other Medical staffs. India is the second largest populated country in the world. But we have a countable number of hospitals in the country and we have a less number of medical staff. According to the WHO India needs 80,000 more hospital beds every year to satisfy the growing population. So This is also one of the issues facing in our country To meet this demand we need to have more hospitals in our country. Hospitals are of Two types Government And Private Hospital and further, They can have the small hospital multispeciality and general hospitals.
Following requirements need to be followed for the hospital construction.
- Hospital Location
- The hospital should be located where the transportation facility should be convenient and there should not be any other disturbances like pubs, liquor shops etc and we need a huge financial investment
- Hospital Facilities
- One must be set up the hospital as that there should be all types of treatment as A pediatric, orthopedic, gynecologic, oncology, pathology, imaging, etc with all the necessary equipment for all types of treatments required to the patients.
- Permission for the hospital
- Land and construction
- Hospital cant is constructed in the in the Agriculture Land To start Construction There are Several permission to be approved from local authorities and there are many documents to be approved like land agreement, construction design and planning etc..An occupation certificate will get after all process cleared.
- Electricity and water
The hospital should take the Local Government Permission of the electricity to maintain the electricity bills and water bills They has to be maintained an only limited supply of water.
A hospital should be well planned for sewage and drainage system And should take permission from the locality.
- Fire and Health Licence
Fire license Should be taken from the Municipal Office to prove that if the cause of fire accident there will be no injuries to the human beings and healthcare should be taken to the patients.
- Hospital Planning And Infrastructure
- There should be proper hardware devices setup
- Doctors and patients records should be maintained
- Should purchase all Necessary Medical Pieces of equipment
- There should be necessary staff like engineers plumbers, gas pipeline etc necessary for the emergency purpose.
- There should proper oxygen cylinders and enough beds for the patients
- Food Quality should be maintained for the patients
Hospital should be Accredited certificate.
NABH and JCI are the two main Accreditation certification should be done by every hospital and it is a necessary certification for every hospital. Many hospitals will not have proper certifications to run the hospital so that patients will not get proper treatment and the medication charges also will be unfair and they will not be having proper medication facilities and they also have don’t follow the medical rules and regulations to ensure that hospitals should be Accredited with the proper guidelines and There we have the genuine treatment all the people there will be equality in the treatment.
Rules should be maintained inside Hospital premises
Hospital should have the necessary Doctors,nurses,Hospital Staff and Housekeepers are should be Available all the time and they should maintain the hospital with clean and hygienic.
Hospital are strictly Prohibited smoking,chewing pan masala and other things which is dangerous to health in Hospital premises.
- Hospital Charges
Hospital should be charged as per the rules there should not be more charges for the patients consultation.there should be transparency in the billing and in case of emergency hospital should be admitted first and then they should be charged for advance amount and then later they can pay full amount and there is no rules.patients should pay the advance bill and then later at the time of patients discharge they can pay the remaining amount.
- ADMISSION ADVANCE –
Admission advance must be paid at the time of admission to cover the expenses for surgery/treatment. Personal cheques are not accepted.
If patient made any violence against doctors, nurse and Hospital staff is the offense against the hospital law
Hospital should have the Accreditation Certificate so that the Patients will have the Proper medication With equality and there will the transparency in billing and genuine treatment for the patients not only patients will get the advantage even the hospital staff will get the many advantages and Mediance Consultancy is the best Healthcare NABH Accredition Consulting Firm in delhi Our team have decades of experience as a healthcare consulting firm, including healthcare quality and accreditation and healthcare planning and designing. They are doctors, administrators and Quality Professional, and served in a wide range of positions, to deliver the best results in the healthcare Consulting Industry.our consultancy partners are innovation consultancy pvt.ltd. (Hyderabad),alliance solutions (Bangalore), siam consultancy (dubai) and we are the best consultancies in the hospital planning & design consultant and we have completed many NABH and JCI Projects.