5 Incredible Places to Visit in India before You Die!
India, the country known for its diversity is the home of majestic mountains, immaculate lakes and potent rivers, isolated beaches, and variant forests. Not only the geographical diversity but also divergent food, weather, art and culture is the unique quality of the country that stretches from Himalaya to Kanyakumari and Thar to the heaviest rainfall region in the world. There is no doubt a long list of places in India that must be explored but below are the best 5 places that you must visit before You Die!
1. Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir: If you have a love for mountains, river valley and the serenity of Buddhist heritage, then you must visit Ladakh. The place is also known as little Tibet or moon land and lies in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The place remains cold throughout the year and May to December is considered to be the best month to visit the place. You can ingurgitate the amazing thukpa-noodle soup, skyu-heavy pasta dish and momos-steamed dumplings stuffed with vegetables or meat.
Places to visit in Ladakh: Pangong Tso, Khurdung La, Nubru, Suru and Zanskar Valley
2. Meghalaya: The place called as the abode of clouds is one of the most beautiful places across India. The place offers a variety of sights, activities, food and festival to its tourists and is famous worldwide due to the small place which receives the maximum rainfall i.e. Cherapunjji. Cherapunjji was the wettest place on the planet until Mawsynram which lies nearly 100 kilometers away from Cherapunjji grabbed the title. One can visit the place anytime between December to August and prefer to explore the magnetic beauty of north-east India by road.
Places to visit in Meghalaya: Cherapunjji, Umiam Lake and Elephant Falls
3. Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir: Paradise on Earth, is the nomenclature for Srinagar that lies on the bank of River Jhelum and is the cool through out the year. From Pahalgam to Gulmarg, the serene beauty will surely astonish you! You can hire a houseboat and enjoy a stay at the most beautiful place in Srinagar i.e. Dal Lake.
Places to visit in Srinagar: Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Shikara Ride and Hazratbal Shrine
4. Kerala: The most serene place of South India, Kerala is known for its slender coastal strip, Arabian Sea coast and beaches, glistening blackwaters, and western ghats. The place attracts numerous tourists with its elegant houseboats, ayurvedic treatments, and unique cuisine. The place is the home of wild elephants, exotic birds and ferocious tigers.
Places to visit in Kerala: Kochi, Alappuzha, Munnar and Thiruvananthapuram
5. Dharamshala: Dharamshala lies on the land of Kangra Valley and allures the tourists with its spectacular beauty. The place is situated at an altitude of 1,475 meters above sea level and is the holy residence of Dalai Lama. Kangra City is distributed into two divisions, the lower and the upper division. The lower division is Dharamshala and the upper one is Mcleodganj.
Places to visit in Dharamshala: Namgyal Manastery, Tsuglagkhang Complex, Kangra Valley and Tibet Museum
Sakshi Awasthi, is a former research scholar from the University of Delhi. She believes that education is the key to improve the socio-economic structure of a country and is contributing her share by writing numerous articles and blogs to help the students. Currently, working as a content associate for Collegesearch.in.